Sunday, April 19, 2009

Matisse Mousepad


Before it slips my mind: One of the items I gave Melanie for her birthday was a replacement for the hideous Dell mousepad she'd been using (refuse from work). The old mouse pad didn't just present a repulsive clash of species (we are irrevocably Macophilic), but it uglified Melanie's otherwise lovely workspace, a glass-topped IKEA desk with various colorful amulets and souvenirs aesthetically distributed beneath the pane. This required quick remedy, so I bought her a “custom” mousepad emblazoned with an image from her favorite artist (Matisse -- jot that down for next February). Similar pieces by all your favorite (fine, comic book, poster) artists are available from Art's Not Dead at a reasonable price. It's worth taking a look.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Indeed, I love my new mousepad! Except for the Dell mousepad (which was with me for about 2 weeks [of constant complaints]) I've never used a mousepad before, BTW. I'm dissertating in style, that's all I'm saying.