Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back on the Blog

As M. reported, we were in New Mexico on vacation at the end of May. Before that, I attended two conferences in Utah, which is rapidly rising in my ranking of potential places to live and work. It was my first time in Salt Lake City, a surprisingly attractive, livable town with a high quality university and friendly inhabitants. The town is ringed by beautiful mountains that promise wonderful hiking and skiing. The first conference was held at the university, the second at Snowbird ski lodge half an hour outside of the city. During the second conference, I never made it far enough outside the lodge complex to experience much more than the clean dry air and the strikingly clear blue sky, but I thoroughly enjoyed the place, except for the outrageous food prices charged to the captive market (I paid $10 for a hotdog for lunch one day).

I don't have much to add to what M. has already written about New Mexico, and there's not so much more to say about Utah -- my memory for specific details has begun to fade -- so let's get back to books and music and just keep Utah on the books as a great destination.

No comments: