Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tell me why

NaBloPoMo Day N+1: I had planned to take the day off from posting, but I found something odd and entertaining when I turned to Google to help me answer a question on one of my job applications. The top ten Google suggestions (completions) for a search beginning with "Why...":


  1. why do men have nipples?
  2. why is the sky blue?
  3. why is my poop green?
  4. why do cats purr?
  5. why do dogs eat grass?
  6. why did the chicken cross the road?
  7. why is there a dead pakistani on my couch?
  8. why did i get married?
  9. why do dogs eat poop?
  10. why did michael jackson turn white?


I am not the first to discover this amusing quirk. A lot of interest in pets and poop it seems. Interestingly, the weirdness of #7 seems trigger additional Google searches, perpetuating its inclusion in the top ten list. Autocatalytic internet searches -- cool!

No comments: