Monday, November 23, 2009

Closed Mondays

NaBloPoMo Day 23: The folks were on vacation today, but for M. and I. it was just another working Monday, and having reached the end of it, we are completely pooped. (I recall a t-shirt I saw at MBI: Closed Mondays. Describes my brain.)

The nadir of my day was driving around Boston -- borrowing the rental car brought more frustration than convenience, for it takes even more time to drive from Boston to Waltham (or just about anywhere in electric Volt range around here) than it does to bike. The zenith was dinner at the Washington Square Tavern with M., my folks and our Obama pals T. & J. Mmmm ... fried pickles and steak frites .... Or perhaps the zenith was dessert at Athan's immediately afterwards. Hard to say. (Visits from my parents are always wonderful occasions for gustatory indulgence.)

(M. says that she found the conversation to be the most enjoyable aspect of the evening. (Point well made -- outings with T. & J. are always notable for the high level of conversation.) Yet again I am reminded that I married a superior woman! ;-)) (Yes, that is a double-chinned smiley; waist-watching and punitive cardiovascular routines shall commence post-haste post-Turkey feast!) (And yes, I like to write (and program) with (both) parentheses.)

We head to White Plains tomorrow, where internet is (thankfully) in short supply. Posting is forecast to be light and breezy for the remainder of the week; we'll see how well the iPhones do as blogging platforms.





No comments: