Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Eclectic Electric

NaBloPoMo Day 25: The following blog post has been pre-recorded ...

Following up on my previous post, I'd like to recommend a podcast for those whose tastes align with offerings of SomaFM: Just Good Music by Cez. This is a smooth monthly mix of house, ambient, funk and electronica that I really enjoy. When I was cranking out my dissertation in Milan in the wee, internet-free morning hours each day, Just Good Music provided the soundtrack. (How I Feel -- and Allen Toussaint's "Night People" (remixed) -- is great when you're still typing at four in the morning.)

The DJ seems to be from the Detroit/Chicago region and frequently has guest DJs put together a mix. Lots of good new (and old -- Ministry's "Work for Love", for example, shows up on Dave Siska of Sonic Sunset's Let's Go Lo-Fi) tracks. I admit I haven't yet bought any music from the featured artists, but were I to start buying music again I would use this podcast's tracklist as a starting point.

Returning to the question my friend posed: I like Aes Dana, whom I first heard on Space Station Soma, but they're hardly new.

No comments: